At the Spiegel Institut Mannheim technical documentation creates the bridge from market research via anthropotechnology to the optimisation of man-machine interaction in a concrete usage situation. For us technical documentation is not just an explanatory and descriptive text attached to a product. Rather, technical documentation is part of the product which fulfils numerous functions in terms of adapting technical equipment to the user:
- Adapting technical innovations to the user.
- Conveying the purpose of use and how to master the use of a product, so that no damage occurs.
- Informing the user of the location, effect and meaning of all the operating units, as well as the control and display elements.
- Informing the user about inspection and maintenance procedures.
- Help in diagnosing errors and providing measures to remedy errors.
- Rapid availability of detailed technical information in case of need.
In order to fulfil all these functions, we work not only with modern methods such as function design or problem typology, but also with a powerful network of partners.